The entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well within the Gen Z generation. Driven by innovation, creativity, and a passion for making a difference, these young entrepreneurs have achieved remarkable success in various industries. In this article, we will share five inspiring Gen Z entrepreneur success stories that showcase the limitless potential of this dynamic generation.
- Emma Gonzalez – Co-Founder of March For Our Lives: After surviving the tragic mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School in 2018, Emma Gonzalez, along with her fellow students, co-founded the organization March For Our Lives. Their mission is to advocate for gun control reform and promote safer communities. Through her powerful speeches and activism, Emma has helped spark a global conversation around gun control and inspire a movement for change.
- Ben Pasternak – Creator of Flogg and Monkey: At the age of 15, Ben Pasternak developed the mobile game Impossible Rush, which gained millions of downloads worldwide. He later founded Flogg, a social media-based marketplace app, and Monkey, a video chat app for teenagers. After securing millions in funding, Ben’s entrepreneurial journey demonstrates the potential for young innovators to disrupt established industries and create successful businesses.
- Mikaila Ulmer – Founder of Me & the Bees Lemonade: At the age of four, Mikaila Ulmer was stung by a bee, which led her to learn about the vital role bees play in our ecosystem. She decided to create a lemonade stand that used her great-grandmother’s recipe and added honey as a sweetener. Me & the Bees Lemonade was born, and Mikaila has since grown her business into a national brand, securing a $60,000 investment from Shark Tank’s Daymond John. She also donates a portion of her profits to organizations dedicated to saving honeybees.
- Greta Thunberg – Climate Change Activist and Founder of Fridays for Future: Greta Thunberg made headlines in 2018 when, at the age of 15, she started skipping school to protest outside the Swedish Parliament, demanding stronger action on climate change. Her determination sparked a global movement called Fridays for Future, where millions of students worldwide have joined her in striking for climate action. Greta’s activism has led her to speak at international conferences, meet with world leaders, and be recognized as Time’s Person of the Year in 2019.
- Moziah Bridges – Founder of Mo’s Bows: Moziah Bridges launched Mo’s Bows at the age of nine when he couldn’t find stylish bow ties that he liked. With the help of his grandmother, Moziah began designing and sewing his own bow ties, eventually turning his passion into a successful business. After appearing on Shark Tank, Moziah secured a mentorship with Daymond John and later signed a licensing deal with the NBA. Today, Mo’s Bows offers a wide range of bow ties, neckties, and pocket squares, showcasing Moziah’s unique fashion sense and entrepreneurial spirit.
These inspiring Gen Z entrepreneur success stories demonstrate that age is just a number when it comes to making a significant impact on the world. Driven by passion, innovation, and a desire to make a difference, these young entrepreneurs have overcome challenges and shattered stereotypes to achieve remarkable success. Their stories serve as a reminder that with determination, hard work, and a clear vision, anything is possible.